Saturday, October 27, 2007

Broken Top- South Face Gully

A great climb with Kip, Gabe, Matt, and Max. To read the full trip report, with more/different pictures included, check out my cascade climbers post. This was my second time up Broken Top. Previously I did the NW ridge aka "dog route" with my track coach Mr. Spink. This route (South Face Gully) was much more interesting and exciting. Most every thing went well. It was our first climb together (all four of us). Apart from one 80 meter traverse that was very loose it was a really fun climb. Because I was one of the more experienced members I felt the need to assume more of a leadership role. As far as the climbing goes there was some moderate snow (nothing over 35 deg), exposed walking/scrambling, and some fun/easy 4th or 5th class rock. All in all a great climb and we once again made it back for dinner! Nothin like a good burrito after a day in the mountains. Yum!


Kip shouldering The Pack for the hike in to base camp



Camp with bachelor in background



Looking down our route (red line)



Summit Shot- left to right; Gabe, Matt, Kip, and Max.

No comments: